Sunday, June 22, 2008

What I Believe In

6/22/08
I reread my last blog entry about gratitude and it reminded me how much I enjoy lists. So much of what motivates me throughout the day is what I believe about the world, myself, and my life. We hold so much power over our lives. My beliefs are strong but flexible. I am not easily swayed but easily rationed with. I like to think that I update myself with new knowledge and take in what works for me and discard the rest.

I want to do a short list of things I believe in:
*very simply I believe in myself
*that my intuition never steers me wrong
*my body knows half of the equation and my mind the rest
*my thoughts lie to me sometimes
*crossing stuff off a "to do list" is most satisfying
*I am young at heart and an old soul
*I connect with people for a reason so I can work stuff out
*everyone I meet throughout the day and in my life right now has a lesson to teach me
*every negative experience is a gift (maybe unwanted but a gift the same)
*every religion has it completely wrong and completely right and cancels each other out
*anyone who tells me what I should think or feel is WRONG
*coaches, teachers, leaders and friends help me open doors and discover things about myself
*eyes are the windows to the soul (i see this in animals as well)
*love doesn't fix a relationship but helps to give you a foundation on which to build
*self-respect is as necessary as breathing
*people who are the most disrespectful have the least amount of self-respect
*"I am not my hair, I am not this skin, I am not your expectations...I am the soul that lives within" (thanks IndiArie)
*I know when things are going to happen but not always why
*when I am meditating or in a deeply relaxed state someone holds my hand and puts their hands on my shoulders (this used to freak me out but now I understand it is meant to be comforting)
*alternative healing methods (Reiki, acupuncture, energy work, colors, Chakras, guided imagery, toning, meditation, and animal totems) work
*we always know the answers but sometimes just can't ask the questions
*learning to allow myself to make mistakes and failing has been my salvation
*I was always beautiful no matter what size my clothes were
*my spirit burns bright enough for everyone to see
*the only opinion that matters is mine
*I like people who are like me but there there is some of me in everyone
*I am a mirror
*I have lived before and will come back again maybe as a horse
*I expect the worst from my family so I won't be disappointed somtimes I am pleasantly surprised
*one of my assets is that I have been equipped with mental toughness and it pulls me thru
*If I screw up or regret something it is usually because I made a decision based on fear

No comments: